Monday, January 7

Grocery Summary (01/07/13)

It's my first week back at the apartment after winter break back home. Therefore, I literally had no food. Unless 100 calorie popcorn and flat club soda counts as food. I knew that my grocery list was going to be quite cumbersome this week. 



Budget: $60 to last two weeks
Spent: $69.14 including tax
Saved: $20.45 in store promotions and $2.00 in coupons. I saved about 32% this week. Not my best, but decent.  


Menu:

Breakfasts:
-Fruit or oatmeal smoothies
-Banana and egg pancakes
-Omelet
-Yogurt and fruit
-Crock Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal 
-Special K bars
-Grapefruit cups
-Cantaloupe
-Apples and peanut butter
-Banana

Dinners:
-Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (I made two freezer bags worth of this recipe.)
-Crock Pot Tex Mex Lettuce Wraps
-Grilled chicken and assorted veggies (Green beans, sweet potatoes, broccoli, corn, sugar snap peas, zucchini) with rice
-Salad
-Breakfast for dinner

Great Deals: 
-Special K Cereal bars were on sale for 2/$5 and the store provided a tear off for $1 off. So, each box of 6 bars was only $2. I saved $1.39 on each box, which was roughly a 40% savings.

-Cantaloupe were 2/$4, making them $2 each. I saved $.99 on each melon. 

-Packs of three Publix boneless chicken breasts were on sale for $1.99/lb. They are usually roughly 4-5 dollars a pound! I picked up two packs, totaling $7.54 for six chicken breasts! I saved $9.47! I froze the breasts I wasn't using for the week. 

-Crystal Light tea (for pitchers) were on sale for BIGI free. Along with a tear off coupon for $1 off, I got each pack of drink mix for $.91. That's a 67% savings. They are sugar free, and I love making these when friends come over! 

-Green Giant frozen veggies were BIGI free. This made each 9 oz. box only $.66, which was a 50% savings. I am definitely going to pick up more of these before the sale ends. 

-Silk almond milk was on sale for 2/$5 and I only got one carton because I don't drink that much milk and I didn't want the other carton to go bad. I would freeze it, but my freezer is minuscule. So, I got one carton for $2.50, saving only 25%. I thought this was a good deal, because almond milk hardly goes on sale. 

Overall, I think I did pretty good for the amount of food I had to purchase. This should last me about two week, usually a little less because I run out of fresh produce. I'm excited to try out some of my new Crock Pot recipes as well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment